Your Event, Our Venue
Waterford Chamber has held a number of events in the Theatre Royal over the past number of years, most notably our Pre-Election debates. We have found the team extremely helpful, efficient and knowledgeable, ensuring our events ran smoothly and to the highest of standards. We very much look forward to hosting more of our high profile events with the Theatre in the months and years ahead.
Waterford Chamber of Commerce
We were delighted to get the opportunity to showcase the stunning Theatre Royal, a jewel in the crown of the Viking Triangle located in the historic core of Waterford’s Oldest City. The venue was perfect and served as a stunning backdrop to a prestigious event. The crew and staff were excellent and all equipment and expertise was available to us in the pre planning for the event
- Claire Hartley
Waterford City and County Council
I was so lucky to have been in a position to host one of my series of Resurgence 25X events live from the stage of the iconic Theatre Royal Waterford. Based on feedback, the user experience, for the participants, both guest speakers and viewers alike was exceptionally positive. Terms such as 'magical', 'electric', and 'unforgettable' were used to describe the event. The TR support team ensured that this unique session went off without a hitch. This included ticketing, online event management, PR on a range of mediums, a number of customised engagement activities, live stream video, and post-event editing. Each element was delivered with consummate professionalism by the TR team
- Dr. Feargal O'Neill
Managing Director, ATPO Ltd
The beautiful Theatre Royal was a great venue for a successful event I hosted - Grace's Green Gathering. Having most of the building at our disposal was fantastic and allowed us to use the auditorium for panel discussions and a keynote address in front of a seated audience. The attractive, bright lobby area was the ideal space for our other requirements. We had information areas, we held a nature/ wildlife photo exhibition, created a piece of eco-art along with members of the public, and showcased local sustainable businesses. The central location and warm atmosphere worked perfectly.
- Grace O'Sullivan
The Theatre Royal in Waterford City, one of the most atmospheric and historic theatres in Ireland, is available as a venue for conferences and corporate launches, with the added inhouse option of live streaming your event to ‘virtual’ delegates all over the world.
The Theatre Royal is more than just a venue – it’s a unique piece of Waterford history, managed by a dedicated and highly experienced team who will ensure your event runs smoothly, and your every need is catered for.
The venue offers a backdrop to your event that is steeped in Waterford’s Viking, Medieval, Georgian and Victorian history, coupled with state-of-the-art technical and production capabilities. Designed by noted architect John Roberts in the 18th century, the building’s stunning Georgian façade is one of the most important historic and civic structures in Waterford. Our beautiful 3-floor Victorian auditorium – one of the oldest performing venues in the country – comfortably seats 432 attendees and boasts a high specification sound and lighting rig and full digital streaming service. Our technical team, who have many years’ experience of event production, offer the most modern and innovative approach to corporate events, working with our event partners to ensure a polished, professional look and atmosphere to your event’s sound and lighting.
Why choose Theatre Royal for your event?
- Our auditorium comfortably seats 432 delegates
- Our venue is fully accessible to disabled people
- We offer live digital streaming and recording of your event to reach a global audience
- Our highly experienced technical team will co-ordinate and manage all of your event audio and lighting requirements
- Backstage facilities, including spacious dressing rooms and a Green Room with kitchen facilities, are available for your guest speakers.
- Our professional Front of House team have the expertise to assist with event coordination on the day, and we also offer a full ticketing service for your event, if required
- Hospitality options are available in both our Stage Door Bar and our 18th century vestibule
- We offer ample exhibition space in our vestibule and foyer
- We offer free WIFI to all event attendees
- Our city centre location offers multiple parking options within minutes walk from the theatre and easy access to public transport
Book Your Event