Professional development opportunities and available resources for professional artists
Professional development opportunities
We aim to provide a range of supports to professional artists and arts practitioners throughout each year.
The door is open and the Theatre Royal aims to be a hub that encourages the development and creation of new work by writers, musicians, actors, directors, dancers, clowns, producers.
We provide Professional artists supports’ that include:
- Provide professional artists and arts practitioners with development/workshop/rehearsal space onstage (dark time)
- Office space (hot desk) which includes WIFI, printer and other administrative resources.
- Discounted venue rental and guaranteed fees for high-quality artistic work with limited commercial potential.
- Theatre Artist in Residence opportunities, short and long term for all arts practice.
- Production support for artists & companies of new work including technical, box office, management and marketing supports.
- Planning and writing funding applications mentoring support for artists and first-time producers.
- Informal mentoring opportunities with heads of marketing, technical and management.
Theatre Royal Waterford is committed to support existing and upcoming artists to improve their skills and grow by promoting and showcasing to the wider audience. For that, we have listed some resources below.
BA in Musical Theatre
Apply to the CAO for BA in Musical Theatre using code MT938 Study musical theatre at Ireland’s biggest conservatory All qualified UK & EU applicants welcome and will enjoy EU fees of approx €3000 per annum
BA in Theatre and Drama Studies
CAO is now open for 2021-22 Apply for Bachelor of Arts Hons in Theatre & Drama Studies using code MT939
BOW Street Academy
Bow Street Academy is a creative hub for Actors and Filmmakers based in the heart of Dublin. It is home to some of the most advanced and practical screen acting courses and workshops in Ireland.
The Lir Academy is Ireland’s National Academy of Dramatic Art at Trinity College Dublin offering a range of postgraduate, undergraduate and short courses in theatre related subjects